What Is The Ipswich Chamber About?
The Ipswich Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit community-based group of individuals and businesses committed to improving the economic well-being of the town. The Chamber works to improve the image of the town of Ipswich and foster a climate of economic prosperity. It is lead by an all-volunteer Board of Directors.
Interested? Contact any board member, send email, or call 978-356-9055.
Areas of Focus & Working Committees
The Ipswich Chamber's work is primarily focused on four areas, each managed by a Working Committee made up of both Board members and Chamber members-at-large.
These committees are:
- Programs & Events: Including meetings, networking, socializing, information sharing, and training.
- Outreach & Membership: membership development and organization maintenance (including member recruitment, dues, member database, email updates, newsletter and other mailings, and media contacts.)
- Government & Community Relations: including interaction with town boards and departments, schools, zoning, and other general town issues.
- Business Support: including tourism development, business promotion, economic growth, the Ipswich website, town brochures and marketing, and the Ipswich Visitor Center.
- Annual scholarships for several local high school students
- Sponsorship of the Ipswich Website
- Support for the Ipswich Town Brochure (published bi-annually) and other tourism development
- Support for the Ipswich Visitor Center/ Hall Haskell House
- Support for local charities
- Publication of Ipswich annual Calendar of Events
- Business community involvement in town government activities
- Active participation and support for the Ipswich Economic Development
- Roundtable, a monthly business/Town government forum for discussion and information exchange
- Management of the Hall Haskell House and its leased space, at the request of the Town of Ipswich